Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are an easy side. Deliciously simple, these caramelized sprouts are so flavorful and are quick to prep.
Toss fresh Brussels with a simple savory balsamic mixture and minced garlic and roast until golden.
A Fave Sprouts Recipe
This 5 ingredient recipe is so simple, and the results create a fantastic tasting balsamic glaze over deliciously creamy-crisp sprouts.
- Simple ingredients and a simple method with tons of flavor.
- Balsamic vinegar tastes great and caramelizes beautifully.
- This side can be prepared ahead of time and roasted just before serving.
- Leftovers reheat well or are great served chilled in salads.
- Brussels Sprouts are considered a superfood and are loaded with antioxidants.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS As always, fresh is best, but frozen sprouts will work for this recipe too. If using frozen, they might need to roast for 5-10 minutes longer and they will have a softer texture.
BALSAMIC VINEGAR The glaze is created by coating the vegetables with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. That’s all there is to it! If you have balsamic glaze in your cupboard, it can be drizzled on after roasting.
SEASONING Minced garlic plus salt & pepper are all that’s needed.
We love this dish as is and make it often. Below are some favorite variations to change it up.
- Add shredded Parmesan baked on top for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Try adding some chopped Pancetta, (otherwise known as Italian bacon) for a gourmet twist. Pancetta roasts up beautifully in the oven, getting crackly and crisp.
- For a heartier side, try simply adding some thinly sliced potato tossed and roasted right in with the sprouts. Delish!
- For a sweeter side dish, try roasting with pecans and add dried cranberries before serving.
- Some feta or goat cheese crumbles will also taste terrific mixed into this combo.
How to Trim Brussels Sprouts
Choose sprouts that are firm and have a pale to dark green color. If they are still attached to their stem, simply break them off.
Use a paring knife to trim off the bottom where it was attached, taking care not to remove too much so the Brussels sprouts don’t come apart. Remove any outer leaves that are wilted or brown. Always rinse vegetables thoroughly and pat dry before roasting.
If they are large, cut them in half.
How to Roast Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Now comes the easy part:
- Toss prepared Brussel Sprouts with all the ingredients until coated.
- Place on a baking tray. (If using frozen sprouts, line the pan with parchment paper.)
- Roast per the recipe instructions below.
Leftovers taste great the next day. It’s one of the vegetables we love leftover, cold, & straight out of the refrigerator.
If you have an air fryer, however, this is a great way to reheat just about anything! Roasted sprouts can also be crisped up and heated under the broiler, then served with dipping sauce for a healthy snack. To freeze, place in a freezer-safe container or bag. Use them up within 12 months.
More Fave Brussels Recipes
Did you make these Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts are an easy, flavorful side dish with only 5 simple ingredients!
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Trim Brussels sprouts and cut in half if they are large.
Toss Brussel sprouts with olive oil, balsamic and garlic.
Season generously with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet, flat side down.
Roast 20-25 minutes or until Brussels are tender.
- Add shredded Parmesan on top during the last 5 minutes.
- Add chopped Pancetta to the pan before cooking.
- For a heartier side, add thinly sliced potato.
- For a sweeter side dish, try roasting with pecans.
- Top with feta or goat cheese crumbles after baking.
- Balsamic glaze can be drizzled on top before serving if desired.
Calories: 144, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 45mg, Potassium: 677mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 1283IU, Vitamin C: 145mg, Calcium: 76mg, Iron: 3mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe, how to make Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, roasted brussels sprouts)
Course Side Dish