Red Sangria is a really easy refreshing, fruity wine beverage to kick off any summer party or meal!
Loaded with fresh fruit, you’ll want to serve it in a clear pitcher to admire the jewel tone colors of citrus, apples, and the sweet blend of wine, brandy, juice, triple sec, and sparkling club soda! It’s the summer’s must-have beverage, in just two easy steps.
What is Sangria?
Going back as far as the 18th century in Spain and Portugal, sangria is a red wine-based fruit punch studded with various slices of fruit.
- Sangria is colorful for summer and super fruity!
- It’s so easy to mix up a pitcher of Red or White Sangria for a summer BBQ.
- It is ready to enjoy in just two easy steps and it’s best made ahead of time so it’s perfect to serve to guests!
It goes great with tapas (Spanish small plates) and other bold-flavored foods because of its light and refreshing taste!
Ingredients and Variations
WINE You don’t need an expensive bottle of wine to make sangria. Our favorites are Spanish wines such as Grenache or even a Pinot Noir or Malbec. The truth is, use what you have and it’ll work just fine — no need to spend a lot!
FRUIT Choose brightly colored citrus fruits and apples, or thin peach wedges.
JUICE & SWEETENER Sweeten with orange juice or grapefruit juice and simple syrup.
LIQUOR Brandy & triple sec are added for a punch of flavor.
BUBBLY Once the Sangria is ready to serve, top each glass with club soda or flavored soda.
How to Make Red Sangria
Red sangria comes together as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Slice fruit; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients per recipe below in a pitcher & add fruit.
- Chill at least an hour. Pour into glasses & add soda before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- For best results, roll lemons and limes on a cutting board to release more juice when they are squeezed.
- To save prep time and to chill sangria quickly, toss in a frozen bag of mixed fruit.
- Thread grapes or cherries on wooden skewers and place in each glass as a colorful, edible garnish!
So Many Summer Drinks!
Did you enjoy this Red Sangria? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Colorful, bright, & refreshing, this Red Sangria is a fruity drink you didn’t know you needed!
Juice one lemon and one lime. Slice remaining fruit.
In a large pitcher, combine red wine, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, brandy, simple syrup, triple sec, and sliced fruit.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
To serve, fill a glass with ice and fill ⅔ of the way with sangria. Top with soda as desired.
Calories: 401, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 48mg, Potassium: 521mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 33g, Vitamin A: 183IU, Vitamin C: 68mg, Calcium: 59mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword Best Red Sangria, how to make Red Sangria, Red Sangria, Red Sangria recipe
Course Beverage, Drink, Drinks
Cuisine American, Spanish