Easy stuffed chicken thighs are filled with stuffing, wrapped in bacon and baked until tender and juicy!
This recipe is versatile and can be made with chicken breasts and leftover stuffing or your favorite stuffing mix.
A Favorite Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- This dish takes a little bit of prep but it’s simple to make and has a cozy homemade flavor.
- Chicken thighs are extra juicy and turn out perfectly every time (you can use chicken breasts too, see notes).
- This can be made with homemade stuffing or a box mix if you prefer. Add in your favorites from chopped spinach to mushrooms.
- Extra stuffing can be added to the baking dish if you’d like.
CHICKEN For quick prep, use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. It’s just so easy to stuff and wrap with bacon. For a chicken breast version, see the notes below.
STUFFING Use boxed stuffing mix for simplicity. Or if there’s time, prepare homemade Sausage Stuffing or use leftovers. It is important to ensure that the stuffing is cooled before adding to the chicken.
BACON Bacon holds these bundles together and of course adds smoky savory flavor.
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Thighs
It doesn’t have to be difficult to make a super delicious meal:
- Prepare stuffing mix & cool completely.
- Open each thigh on a cutting board & place some stuffing on top.
- Roll chicken up & wrap tightly with bacon, then season.
- Bake (per recipe instructions below).
To use boneless chicken breasts, butterfly the chicken breast open (so you can open it like a book) and pound to ½” thickness. Fill with the stuffing mixture and wrap in bacon (you may need extra bacon if the chicken breasts are large). Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center reaches 165°F.
Try adding mushroom & spinach, plus goat cheese, or top with shredded mozzarella or even jalapeno jack.
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to preheat the oven so that the chicken cooks at the correct rate and temperature.
- In a hurry? Place prepared stuffing mix in the freezer while getting the chicken and other ingredients laid out. This will cool it down in a hurry so that it’s easy to work with. Alternatively, prepare the stuffing mix the day before.
- If it’s hard to wrap the bacon around the chicken thighs, try securing the stuffed chicken with toothpicks. This will hold it together making it easier to wrap up—without losing any stuffing.
Chicken dishes keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, according to FDA guidelines. Cover the leftovers in an airtight container to keep them from drying out.
Cooked poultry will stay fresh for 4-6 months in the freezer. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then simply reheat as desired and enjoy.
Our Fave Stuffed Chicken
Did you make these Stuffed Chicken Thighs? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Stuffed Chicken Thighs with Bacon
Stuffed Chicken Thighs are truly impressive. Moist & flavorful on the inside with a crispy bacon shell!
Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
Prepare stuffing according to directions and cool completely.
Lay each chicken thigh on a cutting board and place stuffing in the center (approximately 2-3 tablespoons depending on the size of the chicken thighs).
Fold each chicken thigh closed around the stuffing and tightly wrap with bacon. Sprinkle garlic powder and paprika on top of the thighs.
Place any leftover stuffing on the bottom of the baking dish and place chicken thighs seam side down on top of the stuffing.
Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Ensure stuffing is completely cooled before stuffing chicken.
The center of each piece of chicken should reach 165°F.
To Use Boneless Chicken Breasts
To use boneless chicken breasts, butterfly the chicken breast open (so you can open it like a book) and pound to ½” thickness.
Fill with the stuffing mixture and wrap in bacon (you may need extra bacon if the chicken breasts are large). Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until the center reaches 165°F.
Serving: 1chicken thigh, Calories: 361, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 510mg, Potassium: 275mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 136IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 29mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best stuffed chicken thighs, stuffed chicken thighs, stuffed chicken thighs recipe, Stuffed Chicken Thighs with Bacon
Course Chicken, Dinner, Entree, Main Course